Persons without health insurance should consider coverage options available to them through the health insurance exchange via wahealthplanfinder.org. Health insurance (including Medicaid) provides access to many services that can improve health, and many legal residents now qualify for financial help with associated costs.
Open Enrollment is happening now, and in Washington you have until January 15, 2018 to sign up. Here are some important things to know:
- If you have a yearly income less than $16,644 for an individual (or $22,416 for a married couple) you may qualify for Washington Apple Health (Medicaid) and may enroll through wahealthplanfinder.org at any time.
- If you want coverage to begin on January 1st, then you’ll still need to sign up be Dec 15th. If you miss that deadline you still have until January 15th to sign up, it just won’t begin until February 1st.
- If you’d like someone to walk you through your options, there are many places you can set up appointments to meet people in person or on the phone. Visit WA Healthplanfinder’s in-person assistance resource page to find Healthcare Navigators or Brokers near you.
- You can also call WA Healthplanfinder directly for customer support at 1-855-WAFINDER (1-855-923-4633). Just be prepared for hold-times of at least 10-30 min.
- You can do it all yourself! Help is out there, but all you need to do is create an account on wahealthplanfinder.org, answer some questions about your income and eligibility, then choose from the available plans. If you get stuck, you can always find help.
SELECT YOUR REGION
You can can search for a Healthcare Navigator in your zipcode using the Navigator Search at www.WAHealthPlanFinder.org, the same website that you can apply for health insurance or medicaid coverage through. There are Healthcare Navigators around the state who are happy to talk through specific issues and help figure out what you need to do to get coverage that meets your needs.
Rohan Marrero and Chace Chau are healthcare navigators and available to assist with healthcare enrollment. Contact one of them directly to make an appointment or walk in during the following hours Rohan Marrero: (253) 722-0712, firstname.lastname@example.org Chace Chau: (253) 597-4803, email@example.com Available times: Monday and Tuesday: 9-5pm Wednesday: 12-5pm Thursday and Friday: by appointment only
Gay City has healthcare navigators available to assist with healthcare encrollment. To find out more or make an appointment, contact Tobi Hill-Meyer: firstname.lastname@example.org
CMCH has healthcare navigators available to assist with healthcare encrollment. To find out more or make an appointment, contact CMCH @ (206) 461-6910
Affordable Care Act
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) is the law that is commonly referred to as health care reform. It became law in 2010 and brings major improvements to our health care system. Quality health care coverage will now be available to millions of Americans who have been unable to purchase health insurance on their own. Learn More
LGBTQ Friendly Physicians
Are you lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender and looking for a healthcare professional you can trust? The The Gay and Lesbian Medical Association provides a free directory to search for primary care providers, specialists, therapists, dentists and other health professionals in your area. Learn More